Inspiration and Perspiration

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I have spent a lot of time dreaming lately in both my subconscious and conscious states. My sleeping dreams have been some of the most real and vivid of any dreams I have had. Most of these have come since I have moved. Other dreaming takes place during the day while at work or driving. From decorating houses, to gardening, to details of my future, I can't stop living in the land of wonder. Thankfully, Matthew, my Texan hunk, helps me make many of those dreams a reality one such being to have a garden.

Now, seeing that I don't have land of my own, I "borrowed" some. Of course, he will be paid back in caprese salads, vinegar cucumbers, and stuffed peppers, but that's beside the point. Matthew graciously offered his land as well as building me a garden box!

Now, I grew up with a garden and near people who were avid gardeners (including my parents and grandparents), but Matthew and I are both clinging to the fact that this is a first for both of us. I have done research, considered climate, heat, cost, and large dogs (thus the height of the box), but none can prepare you for precisely what is in store when it comes to gardening. That is why I want to keep it as simple as possible. We should get the soil this week which will be a combo of compost and soil. I have old grass clippings as well to add to it. I plan on planting the stuff I use the most thus far (or think I will for the summer); tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, basil, chives. Flowers will include marigolds, zinnias, and sunflowers for pest control and aesthetics. Gosh, I hope that's not too much stuff. Ah well, we shall see! Very excited and eager to get it all planted and growing. I love home grown tomatoes. Next year will be an even more elaborate spread but this is the garden of 2010!

Now, when it comes to Matthew's house there is still much painting to be done and floors to be added. Just a bit of decor dreaming. I really love the look and feel of this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs