Valentines Decorations

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hello faithful readers! It has been a WEEK since I have written, but I don't intend for this to become a habit. It seems every time I have decided to write, something gets in the way. Whether it's my dogs head on the laptop, needs of others, appointments, sickness, or travel; it all kept me from my daily writing which I delight in so much. Today even, colder than normal for Texas, I sit by the fire (displayed below), waiting for the intermittent, working electricity to use the computer, stove, dishwasher, and washing machine. Boy, what we do without electricity?! Needless to say, here I am to say hello and bring you the latest post.






Not only is it Wedding Wednesday, it's also the month of LOVE and I couldn't be happier to celebrate! Valentines was always a great occasion for me. My dad was always wonderful to his two daughters and wife and would always get us roses, chocolate, and a card to celebrate the day. I have always felt loved on Valentines, boyfriend or no boyfriend. I suppose this is why I enjoy it so much. Fond memories tend to do that. . . .
So, above are pictures from my very own kitchen table, entry way mirror, and fireplace and mantle. Most things were bought at Michaels. One of these years I will craft, but this was not the year. How do you celebrate Valentines with the ones you love?





1 comment:

  1. Awww, my heart is so happy to see cards from us and see you give credit to our eternal Vaentine,your dad,my husband! How he spoil(s)ed us in every way!!!! Not sure there is another human being as thoughtful as he is....You girls know you are loved by your earthly father,NO DOUBT!!!...(Your Mama ,too!!)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs