DIY Backyard Wedding

Wednesday, November 17, 2010


This is the first post in a series of 3 of the DIY wedding ceremony and reception design and decor ideas from a delightful couple, Kelly and Chris.  This great couple, who happen to be good friends of mine, have been featured a few times already on the blog mainly with Kelly's photography. Married in June, Kelly and Chris' wedding ideas, that they have so graciously shared with us, can be used for any backyard wedding! The photography used on this post was done by the talented Cory Callahan and Brian Owen. The posts to follow will be more of the ceremony and reception so stayed tuned for more one "Wedding Wednesdays", but for now, meet Kelly and Chris!


"The wedding was in Maitland, FL at my parents house. My dress was made by Mikaella.  I bought it at "The Collection"  in Winter Park, Florida.  The cool thing about it though, is that I bought the store sample which is WAY cheaper.  The hair piece flower I wore was made out of lace, ribbon, and feathers by my mom.  I used birdcage veiling as my veil attached with bobby-pins."



"The wedding was more than we initially budgeted for, but was still considerably less than an average wedding, that's including re-doing my parent's back yard (sod, flowers, landscaping, etc), rentals, photography, catering, and all my hand-made projects. It [also] pays to know people, but not everyone does.  When you know a photographer, that takes $2,000 or more off your spending right there.  Or if you get a deal on the catering which is another huge expense.  ALL the little things add up [but] we spent a realistic amount for two people paying for their own wedding with no [financial] help.  
We didn't have to sacrifice the things we wanted because of money, we just became creative! "

                                                                 to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs